Saturday, September 28, 2013

A Budding Engineer


My sons MJ and RD decided to go and build themselves a ladder so they could climb trees where the branches were too high to reach.  The park across the street from us has a lot of trees to climb and has become there favorite spot as of lately.  It also includes a “junk” wood pile.  They found some 2 by 4's of different sizes, got some screws from MJ’s tool collection, and pieced everything together, completely on their own, to form an amazing ladder.  (Dad was gone and I was busy canning my largest amount of fruit I have ever done in one day . . . 48 bottles, whew.)  They spent most of the day over there working, and when they came back to show me what they had made, I was astounded.  They love it so much.  They do not leave it at the park in fear someone will take it or break it.  Instead, they carry it to and from the park whenever they go.  MJ HAND screwed it all together.  Wow.  And because they didn’t have long enough 2 by 4's, they had to piece the sides together as you can see in these pictures.  I am still amazed at their work.  Their dad was so impressed when he got home, that he decided to make a ladder with all the cub scouts a few days later.  (Except he wasn’t about to hand screw everything.)  What fun!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment