Friday, May 11, 2012

"Like"



So the other day, I began to realize that I was like, using the word “like” all the time.  It stunned me actually because when I was younger, I used to think those girls who used that word all the time were weird or stuck up.  I seriously was like wondering where in the world I had like picked up that bad habit.  And what made me even more frustrated was, now that I am realizing it, it is sooooo hard to change it.  Like what in the world do you use instead of the word like.

Soon after, I realized my son RD also was using the word like, sometimes two or three times in each sentence.  Wow, I really needed to change for HIM.  I was being a bad example.

So in my efforts of trying to rid myself of this bad habit, I was talking to one of my friends when I realized she uses that same word ALL THE TIME too.  Ok, so maybe I picked up that bad habit from her, or maybe her from me, who knows.  (Which came first, the chicken or the egg?) 

Then I was in the grocery store and I overheard another group talking and heard the word “like” all the time.  I was stunned.  This word is like everywhere.

Just today, I went to the school to help the kids practice for the opera (I am the piano player) and holy cow (That’s another word I should probably get rid of) all of the kids were using that word at least once per sentence.   I finally realized it, this whole town has been infected with a totally useless word . . . and I . . . have just followed the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment