Thursday, February 23, 2012

Exercise Blunder

Yesterday I turned on the news a few minutes early (because if I don’t I forget to even turn it on, which happens way more often then not) and there was this show on with some new exercise moves. They claimed that 15 minutes a day would get you a full days work out and get you back in shape. My exercise routine is at least 30 minutes, so if I could cut off 15 minutes and still get a full work out, hey I’m in. (Who knows, it could give me a moment to write a blog.) They showed the exercises and I tried them. . . then fell dead after just 5 minutes. My little elliptical just doesn’t do that kind of a work out for me. My legs felt like Jello and I honestly could NOT do any more no matter how hard I pushed myself.

Today, my legs are on strike. My kids keep asking me why I am walking that way. I tell them I’m lucky to even be walking, cause my legs don’t even want to do that. I am wobbling around like a little duckling saying, “ouch, ouch, ouch.” (I had no idea I was so out of shape, especially since I do exercise at least 3 times a week!!!) So much for wanting to save 15 minutes a day. Maybe someday, I can work up to that whole whoppin' 15 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. And that last few sentences is the key.:) Work up to it! You can do it! You're one of the last I thought I'd hear say that a work out about killed you. You seriously kicked trash when you played that paper bag game that Jarret showed us when you were down here.:) We're doing Zumba Wii. It's a lot of fun. But, it's not 15 minutes.:) I love it anyway.:) Best wishes!:) Take care! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete