Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hello big, wide, vast . . . scary internet


I’ve been told for the last several years, if I ever want to go anywhere or be someone, I have to have an internet presence. I have an e-mail, isn’t that good enough? Apparently not. I have been fighting this for a while. Several years ago, I had a friend help me set up the very beginnings of this blog (hence the extremely outdated family picture at the top, thus I have included this new one, thanks to my dear sister,) but haven’t done anything since. Now that I have a fast internet connection, (well, not dial up) I do not have an excuse any more. Thus here I am you big, wide, crazy . . . scary internet.

I think part of my “problem” is that I do not even know what to include on here. Is anyone even really interested in anything I have to say? And yet there is so much I would love to be able to share, but have not as yet been able to very well.

I am a health nut. I used to think those “health nut” people were crazy and they should live a little. But after having 2 children come down with autism and then being diagnosed myself with congestive heart failure (CHF) at age 27, it kind of was forced upon me until I am now probably too far the other way. There has to be a happy medium. But my two sons are now recovering and making huge progress, and my congestive heart failure . . . I barely feel it, unless I get under a lot of stress or don’t eat right. I see how eating can effect every aspect of your life. It’s nuts. It’s not fair. How come so many people can eat whatever they want and all I have to do is have one chocolate bar and I’m done for . . . for the next several hours. And trying to keep sugar out of my children’s diets while they attend school is nearly impossible. I have had to come to accept this fact. The other day, I was washing cloths, something I do quite often with 5 kids, and when I pulled a batch of cloths out of the drier, there was melted taffy covering many of the cloths. I still haven’t gotten anyone to confess who hid their candy in their pockets so that I wouldn’t see it. It happens a lot.

I love singing, writing music, children’s books, creating, gardening, and so many other things. . Several years ago I went to a BYU Writing and Illustrating for Young Readers Conference. I loved it. I learned a lot. I improved my skills, but found out how truly impossible it is to get into that market. So I published my own books on a website, www.mamabearproductions.com. Last year I went to a music competition truly thinking this was my ticket to getting out there. I thought my song was going to blow them out of the water. But in turn, I found out I stunk. Well not that bad, but I definitely had room to improve. I swore I would never go back . . . Never. Knock on wood. Whatever you have to do, don’t say never. I ended up going again this year. . . . And I am so glad I did. I learned so much more. I felt inspired instead of beaten. I walked away feeling like I could actually do this, . . . I just needed an internet presence. I have written 3 songs this month alone. That is an all time record!!!

My garden . . . it stinks this year. I have barely gotten anything out of it. Probably because I haven’t put as much into it. Like I always say, next year . . . I’ll do so much better.

I am religious. I don’t know where I would be without the gospel. It lights every day of my life. I have a burning testimony. I have learned so much in the last few years and I am so incredibly grateful for the parents who raised me so well and taught me the gospel in word and deed. I love my family, the one a came from and the one I have now.

Well, to all who have taken this time to read my blog, thank you. Be patient with me as I try to attempt to learn the ropes. I think it will be a great experience. I hope.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you put the effort into making this blog. It's always a little rough in the beginning but you will learn quick. Post whatever is on your mind as well as updates about the family. My problem is updating my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa! Its great to see you! You are an incredible writer. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa,

    I love what you have written. And keep going. I often wonder the same things; especially after I'll write something and not get any comments on it. But, I keep going and I write whatever I want and I like it. :) I love yours. And thank you for joining the blogging world. You don't have to impress anybody. Make yourself happy. And write whatever you want. The sky is the limit.:)

    Looks like you got the colors figured out. So sorry I didn't call you back.....again. :( I'll try to do better.

    Luv ya!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete